Those specific trains are
- Bicycles must board at the northern-most car on the train and use the southern half of the car.
- No more than two (2) bicycles are allowed on the car. If the car already has two bikes, you cannot bring your bike on the train and must wait for the next one.
- Bicycles must be tethered to the bench seats using a bungee cord attached to the eyelet on the seat frame. The south end bench is distinguishable by only having four (4) folding seats. Bicyclists will be responsible for securing their bicycle.
- The bench seating on the north end of the car is priority seating for passengers with disabilities. This area is located directly across from the restroom and cannot be used for bicycles.
- If the bench seating for bicycles is occupied by passengers, the bicycle rider may ask the passenger to vacate the seat or ask the conductor for assistance if the passenger is unwilling to move. The priority will be for the bicycles.
- For the safety and convenience of our other riders, bikes will be boarded and removed last after all other passengers have boarded or detrained.
- Passengers are not permitted to ride bicycles on the platforms or trains.
- Bicycles must be clean and free of grease.
- VRE will not be responsible for the security of bikes brought on board.