A Virginia lawyer who specializes in bicycle cases wrote a book, available for free download, on 10 Mistakes that Can Derail Your Bike Injury Case.
His list of 10 mistakes: 1. Being Unprepared, 2. Failing To Get Help, 3. Not Having Any Witnesses, 4. Not Having Any Evidence, 5. Not Contacting The Authorities, 6. Failing To Follow Up, 7. Not Having "Show & Tell", 8. Failing To Document, 9. Talking Too Much, and 10. Losing Track Of Time.
City Paper covers the opening of Champlain Street.
Our solution was a vertical bike rack mounted to the side of each passenger coach. The bike storage area would be separated from the rest of the car by a partition. Our design was tested at the Federal Railroad Administration’s facility in Colorado. However, since it would have meant the loss of two rows of seats in each car we ultimately decided not to proceed. Adding a dedicated car for bikes is not an option for us because we are short on mid-day and overnight storage space.
I can see taking seats out as an issue, but I've seen other trains (NJ Transit) that allow bikes on without special racks.
ACT has published an article in their latest newsletter criticizing Montgomery County for being "hostile to transit riders and pedestrians" Among the specific claims are
MCDOT opposes provisions of the White Flint master plan that would make Rockville Pike more friendly to pedestrians and bicyclists. It insists that the road's overriding function is to carry high-speed traffic into D.C.
Pointed out that the county DOT has stalled completion of the Metropolitan Branch bicycle trail through
13. DC Bus shelter improvement contract (2005) including the creation of bicycle sharing (2008) and the funding of streetscape improvement projects.
15. Efforts to make the Metropolitan Branch Trail off-road walking and bicycling trail from Silver Spring to Union Station in DC, first conceived of in 1988, reality.
26. Increased focus on pedestrian and bicycling matters in many of the region's jurisdictions.
27. The failure of the forthcoming Silver Spring Transit Station to include a dedicated bike station. (And the building of this station.)
28. A bikestation just opened in the past year at Union Station.
getting hammered on her blog. She wants us to believe she was being humorous.
Portland cyclists ride through the snow, FABB notes.