- The FBI has it's own Mountain Bike Patrol Team
- Kate Ryan observes the aftermath of a bike-ped crash on the Capital Crescent Trail "Initial eyewitness accounts indicate that the runner and cyclist were originally headed in the same direction, with the cyclist behind the runner, when the runner suddenly stopped and did a U-turn. According to one witness, she did this just as the cyclist was swinging wide to pass her, and the two collided--hard. The witness I spoke to could not recall hearing the cyclist call out to the pedestrian that he planned to pass her."
- A story about Delaware's Junction and Breakwater Trail
- Sunlight Labs writes about how difficult it was to create the subsidyscope study of road funding that I linked to recently. They call for more open government data.
- The new library in Shaw has plenty of bike parking.
- The extension of HOT lanes to McLean would carry benefits for cyclists "The extension project also would replace the bridges at Old Dominion Drive, Georgetown Pike and Live Oak Drive, and provide new bicycle and pedestrian areas on those bridges, officials said."
- RTC on Edmonston's new green streets
- Bike theft on the rise in Fairfax County
- Warning for cyclists crossing Route 7 in Tysons