As was pointed out so graciously in the comments yesterday there is actually a grammatical error in the banner for the blog. It reads "Cycling Advocacy in the Nation's Capitol." Which is wrong because Capitol refers to just the building, not the city.
In addition, WABA and I have been discussing removing the "Sponsored by WABA" part. It's no longer true. I'm worried about embarassing them (and they have no editorial control). And they have their own blog now.
Finally, it's just old (and it's too small because I resized the page, but not the banner). Most of the people in that photo have moved away. And we've got a bike station, CaBi, new trails, the Wilson Bridge, etc...And a whole region to represent.
So I'm stealing a page from Stephen Colbert and having a contest.
If you'd like to try your hand at designing a new banner for washcycle, send one in and I'll pick the best ones to be voted on. Some rules:
1. If you use photos, they should either be your own, or ones for which you have permission. You do not have to use photos.
2. It should be something close to 1000 pixels by 200 pixels (the one there now is 800 x 205 I think)
3. It should match the existing color scheme. I don't have it in me to redesign the whole blog.
4. It should have the name of the blog on there somewhere.
5. No pornography and limited profanity. This is not a Catholic wedding.
If you'd like to use the "Cycling Advocacy in the Nation's Capital" line, that's fine, but you don't have to.
Prizes include: The admiration of all you know, leftover BikeArlington SWAG from WAGBRAD III and a bellyful of beer bought by me at the Washcycle 5th anniversary happy hour - which is still TBD.
Entries are due by Oct 21, 2010.
Email them to email@example.com