It's hot out there still. Be safe.
- Bikefest tickets will be on sale until 5pm today
- Another sped up video ride into DC.
- I see this all the time on leagle.com, but I just wanted to point this out as the dark side of bike registration laws. Officer Travis Mandell of the Fort Lauderdale Police Department observed A.L.T. sitting on a bicycle. A Fort Lauderdale city ordinance requires that residents register their bicycles, and there is typically a red and white marking beneath the bicycle's seat indicating registration. As Officer Mandell did not see the marking on the bicycle, he approached A.L.T. for questioning. Officer Mandell asked A.L.T. specifically if he could "search him for weapons or drugs."
- Slumdog Millionaire will be shown as part of NoMa's Summer Screen program. The event will have a "bike-in" theme—the first 50 bikers will win a NoMa bike swag bag.
- A cyclist hit in Vienna was doing at least a couple things wrong. As the motor vehicle turned off of northbound Park Street and onto Casmar Street at around 10 p.m., the bicyclist entered Casmar Street from a southbound sidewalk. The bicyclist then allegedly struck the turning motor vehicle, police said. The bicyclist was not wearing a helmet, was dressed in dark clothing and was riding a bicycle with no lights illuminated, police said. But they seem to be OK and hopefully they don't have any serious injuries.