Congratulations to my former classmate Harrison Frazar. 355th time is the charm.
- Prince George's County will be holding a workshop to discuss the MD 193 Corridor. "The upcoming workshop, which is the first public meeting targeted at the broader community, will include a Greenbelt East interactive session focusing on Greenway Center, Maryland Trade Center and Hanover Parkway office properties. Topics to be discussed include land use, transportation, public safety and the environment. Upcoming workshops in the summer and fall will focus on the Greenbelt Metro station and the corridor west of the Baltimore-Washington Parkway." The meeting is from 6:30 to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, June 14 at the Greenbelt Middle School.
- Karin Vartowski, aka The Bicycle Lady, passed away recently. She pretty much defied every stereotype about cyclists and biking you can come up with.
- Bloomingdale resident chases down bike thief. The kid was 12 years old, but had bolt cutters with him.
- World Naked Bike Ride 2011.
- This is a fantastic article about the Race Across America on its 30th Anniversary. "There is nothing else in the culture of sports like the RAAM," says Jim Lampley, who covered the first race and four after it for ABC's "Wide World of Sports." ''To this day I still see it as the greatest undiscovered sports event on the planet." One of the original participants was John Howard Michael Shermer of Skeptic Magazine fame.
- This is a great Price Waterhouse Coopers video for its employees on bike commuting that was filmed here in the DC area.