It's crazy hot out there. I'd like to see the portmanteau in the tag of this post work it's way into nomenclature the way that Snowmaggedon did. I've already ordered 10,000 "I survived the Hötterdämmerung" T-shirts.
- More developers are offering Capital Bikeshare stations as part of their community benefit. This time at the redeveloped Verizon parking garage on Florida Avenue between Champlain Street and Ontario Road. Meanwhile, DDOTs expansion is planned for this fall.
- What to do after a crash recap.
- "Of projects planned for Bethesda, only the county's bike path improvements will be complete when the new Walter Reed National Military Medical Center opens in September."
- Yes, segways are legal in bike lanes.
- Brian, the author of the bike commuting blog Tales from the Sharrows, was on Jeopardy last night, but I didn't see how he did.
- Why is it so hard to take your bike on Amtrak?
- Gabe Klein interviewed, says biking is easier in Chicago than in DC or "Chicago is for wimps."