As Glenn Frey put it, "The Heat is On." It was so hot yesterday that the store portion of the Bike Station closed early (it has no AC).
- Additional cameras have been installed by DDOT in the vicinity of the New York Ave bridge to watch the MBT.
- WABA reminds members to support bike facilities on Oregon Ave NW.
- GSA will make employees pay for parking. That could lead to increased bike commuting.
- A history of the Bikes May Use Full Lane sign.
- A young woman was hit while crossing the road to get to a Bikeshare station. She was on foot, but had her helmet on anyway. Reportedly, she was lept at the hospital overnight for observation, but appears to be doing well. A witness reports that the driver was running a red light.