I wish that after last night's Obama-Boehner speech-off there had been a third speech by Michelle Bachman in which she looks off camera. That's entertainment.
- Get a job. BikeArlington is hiring an Events and Outreach Coordinator. "The position will lead the face to face outreach of BikeArlington. This includes delivering presentations on the general benefits of biking, BikeArlington programs and activities, safe cycling tips and how to incorporate biking into everyday life." and WMATA is hiring a Parking Operations Specialist "The responsibilities for Revenue and Reporting responsibilities include:.... bike parking revenue collections...Maintains, services and supports ...bike parking, and other specialty parking program and products."
- One letter writer to the Post requests that, because car thefts are way down, maybe the police should focus on bicycle thefts, which are way up.
- GGW wonders if NPS is interested in improving the trail/parkway intersections along the GW Parkway. It has been the site of several similar crashes over the years - including a fatality in April. Ideas for fixing it include grade separated crossings using tunnels or the installation of Hawk Signals. I think dropping the speed limit to 25 mph on Columbia Island couldn't hurt also.
- The hierarchy of bike advocates for Vienna.
- Mugging cyclists - it's not just for Northeast anymore. A cyclist was mugged on the Key Bridge at 4am yesterday morning. It's not unprecedented.