Check out the Juno launch today at 11:34am
- The Office of Planning recently presented draft recommendations to rebuild Maryland avenue from 4th Street to 12th Street, SW. This includes decking over the railroad tracks from 7th to 12th. Though the extended road for Maryland Ave doesn't appear to have any bike facilities, it does appear to have a lot of cyclists on it.
- ANC 5C postponed its R Street bike lane vote until DDOT has time to meet with neighborhood groups.
- The base commander for JBAB commutes to work by bike and he would like to start a bike fleet for on-base transportation (though funding restrictions make it difficult). That only makes it more confusing as to why they don't reopen the base to bike commuters who wish to pass through or allow the public to access the waterfront trail much as they do at the Navy Yard.
- Arlington's CaBi expansion is slipping back in the calendar a little bit "This appears to be primarily a function of release dates for grant funds and the order process. The manufacturer of CaBi bikes doesn't keep any inventory, so there's a significant lag time between order placement and actual delivery. "
- MDOT and SHA expect to draft guidelines for "Bicycles May Use Full Lane" signs and ask for input from cycling activists, residents and others by the end of this fall.
- Germantown bike thieves caught on tape. Now, they need to be caught for real.