Despite the Hurricane I managed to go on bike rides both days the weekend. On Saturday at 11am I had the CCT all to myself. But yesterday the trails were crowded.
- On Wednesday there's a launch party for a new book entitled Where to Bike Washington, DC at the Wilderness Society.
- The MLK memorial really needs bike parking. Ran into a woman at the CaBi station yesterday. She hadn't been on a bicycle in 20 years but was going to ride down to the Memorial. I told her there were no stations nearby and she'll probably have to pay overage fees, but she didn't mind. Also, on both Saturday and Sunday I saw Park Police writing parking tickets for the half dozen cars illegally parking on Independence in front of the memorial.
- Tim Kelley of BikeArlington is going to be meeting with NPS on bike issues and is looking for suggested topics. Specifically Arlington topics, though people are suggesting more.
- Driver has a story about careless cyclists. But part of the problem is the confusing trail/road intersection.
- Richard Layman has an assortment of bicycle stories from around the world.