Happy New Month!
- WABA coverage of the Douglass Bridge ride. "Discussions centered around the traffic circle (to be built on the southeast side of the bridge) and the traffic oval (to be built on the northwest side) and access to the bridge from Anacostia via Howard Rd. & Firth Sterling Rd." And DDOT's Mike Goodno lists the issues discussed in greater detail including bike lanes on South Capital Street, connnections to the ART, continuation of the Suitland Parkway trail etc...
- A good reason to not ride naked - "The seat on this bike was 153.5 degrees."
- Susan Paisner writes to the Post to ask where are all the bike helmets for Capital Bikeshare riders? "heads are heads, skulls are skulls, and brain injuries can maim and kill, regardless of how they take place." Right. So where are the helmets all these pedestrians and motorists should be wearing?
- A profile of Bikes for the World, where the bikes come from and where they go. "The Arlington County nonprofit group takes thousands of unwanted bikes in suburban Washington — where things go from coveted to clutter in an instant — and sends them overseas to people who need them."
- Cyclist assaulted for no apparant reason. "1200 block of Wilson Boulevard. Arlington. On July 22 at 7 pm, a man was riding his bicycle when a car drove up beside him. The car ran him off the road and a passenger in the backseat reached out and pushed the victim over. The vehicle was a black sedan."