- Unsupringly, Capital Bikeshare may close if Hurrican Irene related weather creates conditions on the ground warrant it.
- Surpringly, my work sent out an email announcing that all bikes have to be moved in because of the storm. And that any bikes left locked to bike racks outside will have the lock cut and be brought inside. Bikes are normally not allowed inside. This email was sent 2 hours before lock cutting was to begin. Lock cutting began at 4:30 when many people might still be at work.
- Also, the Oxon Run Ride has been cancelled.
- The MBT is having a day of service on 9/10.
- With the sidewalk along 15th closed due to earthquake damage, the cycletrack has become a MUT.
- "Pentagon Police briefly shut down Washington Boulevard in both directions between I-395 and the George Washington Parkway. Authorities were looking at an unattended bicycle on the fence line of the facility."
- The Fairfax County cyclist hit by an ice cream truck on bike to work day this year - on his first ever bike commute - suffered broken ribs and a punctured lungs, but appears to have recovered. "The truck’s driver, Impha Gassama, 52, of New Carrollton, Md., was charged with failing to yield the right of way from a private drive"