The end of trike's first week in daycare. Harder on us than him.
- You can read the transcript of Shane Farthing's visit to Kojo's show (no Kojo) here. He has a shout out for Kidical Mass, talks about the complexity of working with so many agencies and jurisdictions and the 50 States Ride.
- Labor Secretary Hilda Solis - recreational cyclist.
- Montgomery County creates a heat map for bicycle planning.
- Some important bike related meetings coming up in Alexandria, including the City Council discussion of bike sharing.
- Obit for Dionette “Didi” Cherney, the Washingtonian who was struck and killed by a cyclist last month in San Francisco..
Dionette “Didi” Cherney, 68, who had been a mergers and acquisitions and profitability consultant for Prudential Network Realty, died Aug. 11 at a hospital in San Francisco from head injuries after being struck by a bicyclist.
She was a Washington resident and had been in California accompanying her husband on a business trip.
Officer Albie Esparza, a San Francisco police spokesman, said Mrs. Cherney was in a crosswalk and had a green light to cross along San Francisco’s waterfront when a cyclist struck her July 15.
Esparza said police investigators recommended that charges be filed against the cyclist, but a spokesman for the San Francisco district attorney’s office, Seth Steward, said that a decision was pending receipt of police documents.
- Owners of black CaBi keys, you just became more exclusive.