- Reportedly, the Sligo Creek Trail bridge near Flora Lane/Crosby Road is closed as it collapsed during the recent rain storms.
- A meeting to design the extension the Paint Branch Trail from Cherry Hill Road to Fairland Park is scheduled for September 14, 2011 at 7pm. The meeting will be held at the Beltsville Community Center, 3900 Sellman Road.
- Though it is just getting started, there are already 300 cities with public bike sharing. And in London, you can now rent an electric bicycle from Hertz.
- The Supreme Court will be hearing a case on strip searches following arrest, including one person arrested for riding a bicycle without an audible bell.
- Roll Call is unware that Union Station already has a Bicycle Transit Center. "The [Columbus Plaza] project will widen Massachusetts Avenue Northeast, expand pedestrian traffic islands, redesign lane widths, modify traffic signals and install bicycle lanes and a Bicycle Transit Center at the southern terminal of the Metropolitan Branch Trail, among other things."
- WABA's local stakeholder meeting is tonight in Greenbelt.
- Two local news reports on WABA's anti-harassment law (which CMs Graham, Barry and Evans all support) are below. On the one hand, Fox spends a lot of time missing the real story, on the other WUSA interviews some...let's say non-experts.
- Despite the talk of "war" between drivers and cyclists, don't forget that DC is so bicycle friendly that going car free is easy. “You don’t have to keep a car,” said Carroll, who takes Metro to work most days but walks the 2.4 miles occasionally on a nice day. “I love that the city is becoming more pedestrian-friendly and more bicycle-friendly. I can rent a bike and ride downhill all the way from work. I haven’t yet, but I’m going to.”