- What's the best way to see the Marine Corps Marathon? By Capital Bikeshare of course.
- Speaking of CaBi, official September 2011 numbers are out. As mentioned earlier ridership was again down from the mid-summer highs. It's about 11% lower in September than June. All the other indicators are down a little too - probably due to weather and reduced tourism as previously discussed. Trips per bike per day was down to 4.8 - which isn't much off the peak of 5.1. On the up side, ridership in September 2011 was more than 3000% larger than in Sept 2010 (I know it was only open a few days that month, but it's still a fun number). There have been 1.05 million rides so far and only one serious reported injury.
- More than half of the speakers at the Virginia Transportation Plan public hearing expressed interest in better bicycle, pedestrian, and transit solutions. But others came to support the outer Beltway.
- Not sure this guy knows what walkable means. If there are a lot of pedestrians - it's probably walkable. And sidewalk cycling in legal in Takoma Park.
- The Boeing deal in Arlington may clear the way for phase II of the Long Bridge Park, which may include a new connection to the Mount Vernon Trail. Maybe. Phase I is coming along nicely and will open soon.