- New, complete bike lanes coming to Columbia Road between Euclid St. and Adams Mill Road by Thanksgiving.
- The Fenwick Station project in Silver Spring (above) "includes a proposed extension to the Silver Spring Green Trail, a pathway along the future Capital Crescent Trail, and space reservation for a future bike share station."
- 37% of people going to the Tyson's area Metro stations plan to get there by bike. [But they probably won't count as bike commuters according to the ACS].
- RTC honors 25 Trail Champions on its 25th birthday. This includes locals David Burwell and Barbara Burwell of Bethesda, MD, Peter Harnik of Arlington, VA and The Honorable Tom Murphy of Washington, D.C.
- Some Lyttonsville residents are unhappy with the Purple Line/CCT designs in their area.
- In 2009, the police in Jackson Hole, WY basically made the Idaho stop the law.
"After one summer of police stings on bikes running stop signs, and a lot of talk, we have reached a reasonable peace treaty on this issue.
Local law enforcement here in Jackson Hole will ticket a bike that blatantly rolls a stop at speed with no care. Quick $100 fine, and no sympathy from bike advocates like me.
Legally, bikes are required to stop at Stop signs in Wyoming. However - Jackson Police and Teton County Sheriff have publicly said they will not ticket a bicyclist that:
- slows cautiously as approaching a stop sign,
- rider carefully looks left and right, fully in control and able to stop,
- rider signals properly if making a turn,
- rider does not fully stop but continues after determining it is safe to do so.
Our Sheriff and police have determined this is equal to a STOP and they will not harass cyclists. We agree."