- The "Union Station Bike Transit Center" won an award in the prestigious Brunel Awards International Railway Design Competition. It won in the Freight and Railroad Support category.A
- There is nothing new in this DCist report on the GW Parkway assault, except, of course, for the comments. But what value are those without any from monkeyrotica?
- Candidates for Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Braddock District, include bikes or trails in their statements to the Gazette.
- John C. Cook: "TRAFFIC/INFRASTRUCTURE:...There are additional needs for parks, libraries, trails, and other county buildings."
- Janet S. Oleszek: "TRAFFIC/INFRASTRUCTURE: Long term we need to be focused on modes of transportation other than cars. To that end ... Land use decisions need to consider public transit and pedestrian and/or bicycling routes. One simple solution for Braddock residents is to link the Burke VRE station to the over 75 miles of bike and pedestrian trails that exist within a 3-mile radius of the station."
- Carey C. Campbell: "Greatly expanded rail should be accompanied by bike lanes, and pedestrian friendly communities. The new bike rental program that is so successful in Washington D.C. and Arlington must be expanded across Fairfax County."
- Eloquent argument for stronger distracted driving laws "In Dubai, traffic accidents fell 20 per cent from average rates on the days BlackBerry users were unable to use its messaging service."
- OT, but interesting.