Good morning. Time to ride off that candy.
- DC is studying cycletracks. "The holdup on the L and M Street crosstown lanes is in part due to DDOT's determination to see how the other cycletracks have worked out."
- From a local listserv, contact me if this is yours and I can put you in touch with the right person. "Did anyone lose a pair of Versace glasses on the shoulder of Powder Mill Road, just 500 feet before the entrance to Patuxent Research Refuge? Probably a cyclist lost these. They are camouflage-themed (green, brown, black) with a stylish silver-colored strip on the sides."
- Bike ride to save Nick's Organic Farms.
- Frederick, MD is putting photos of recovered bicycles online. "After a bike has been brought to the department, the serial number and description is checked against bikes reported lost or stolen. If not identified, the bikes are kept for 45 days. After the 45-day period, the bikes are released to propertyroom.com, an online auction site." Frederick uses its own registry, instead of a National one.
- Travel piece on biking the C&O Canal.
- Proximity to bike trails can increase home values by almost 4%.