Today at 1:30 pm there will be a ceremony to open the newest piece of the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail, the birdge between Diamond Teague Park and Yards Park (which is all too long a name, so until someone comes up with something better, I'm calling it WASA Bridge). "The next westward expansion depends on development of the Florida Rock development site, which is still in the planning stages. Stevens predicts that by 2013 the trail could connect the baseball stadium to Minnesota Benning."
- The new City Market at O Street will include "500 vehicle parking spaces, 300+ indoor bike parking stalls, and a 270-linear-foot rooftop dog park."
- The Examiner on the Montgomery County CaBi expansion open house.'It's trying to get developers interested in making space and financial contributions, said Gary Erenrich, one of Montgomery County's point people on the bikesharing effort. "Right now it is a hodgepodge," Erenrich said.'
- Somewhere I'm sure there is someone who towed their car to the shop with a bicycle, but this is still impressive.
- A new map of the WB&A trail (from 10/7/11) in Prince Georges County unfortunately shows the future trail heading north and the current terminus as an overlook. Other differences with the old map include:
- The American Discovery Trail doesn't use the WB&A anymore, possibly because of the loss of the Patuxent River crossing
- The East Coast Greenway is now shown on the map and it does use the trail
- The connector trail to Old Chapel Road is gone. In the intervening 10 years the neighborhood it would pass through, Saddlebrook West, has been built up and it appears no effort was made to get the trail built concurrent to that. There does appear to be a trail that connects to the closest end of Saddlebrook West - though the bridge symbol on the map for it is turned 90 degrees and the trail is marked as a road - but that then leaves trail users on streets and sidewalks.