Good morning. Let us know if you see Obama. My friend had Sasha and Malia trick-or-treat at her house. How cool is that? But she's a Republican so she gave them each a ladle full of hot chili.
- Capital bikeshare station expansion begins. First station expanded - 16th and Harvard. Enjoy.
- WABA's Call to action summit is on Thursday
- BRAC funding in Virginia: "In addition to widening Route 1, the Belvoir project will include sidewalks and bicycle paths and accommodations for future transit. Construction is expected to start in 2013 with possible completion in 2015."
- Collecting abandoned bikes for the less fortunate is a Mitzvah!
- Bicycle parking facility, similar to the one in College Park is planned for the Franconia-Springfield Metro. "WMATA is in the final stages of planning an indoor, enclosed bike parking facility at Franconia-Springfield Metro station. It will likely be located in the new parking garage. The project is funded through a TIGER I grant for multimodal improvements at the station."
- Bike paths are infrastructure [Warning link is to conservative website].
- “Forever Bicycles” is made of 1,000 bicycles installed in a 10-meter high space in a moving, abstract shape to symbolize the way in which the social environment in China is changing. It probably won't fit in your basement.