Be careful out there, all the traffic patterns will be crazy today. The last time I was hit by a car it was on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, by a DDOT safety engineer no less.
- WABA is giving thanks for our local bike shops.
- The ribbon was cut on the new Anacostia Riverwalk Bridge in SE, which I should have nicknamed the "DC Water Bridge" since there is no more WASA.
- RTC has a nice profile on Peter Harnik, a co-founder of both the Rails to Trails Conservancy and the Coalition for the Capital Crescent Trail. "Harnik's first introduction to rail-trails came during a failed quest to close Wisconsin Avenue in Washington, D.C., to automobiles."
- Metro installed 32 new “U-Rack” bicycle racks at Vienna station, providing parking space for 64 additional bicyclists, nearly doubling bike parking capacity. Parking at the station is often above capacity - wherein bikes park to other structures and trees.
- Santa Monica, CA opens nation's largest bike parking center. "The $2 million ground-level garage is 5,300 square feet, with showers, lockers, restrooms and self-service repair facilities. There will even be attended valet parking for visitors to the swanky Santa Monica Place mall above the bike center." Not as nice as this one though.