- Metro Transit Police are "using expensive bicycles and electronic devices" to catch bike thieves. They already caught two at the Prince George's Plaza Metro. (see somewhat satisfying video below)
- Still more photos from the 2011 Tweed ride.
- New plan for Chinatown includes more bike racks - and more fake Chinese stuff.
- Montgomery County is having a hearing on the future CCT/Purple Line on Thursday. It will cost up to $40M (though possibly less) to run the trail through the tunnel, and $1M to connect the trail to the Rock Creek Park Trail. Roger Berliner, Chair of the Montgomery County Council’s Transportation, Infrastructure, Energy, and Environment Committee promises to meet with WABA and other stakeholders before making a decision.
- There's a WABA happy hour that same night.
- FABB has a summery of the VBF fall retreat.
- Richard Layman is skeptical that Baltimore will be able to find a sponsor willing to pay enough in ad revenue to fund their bikeshare program.