- GGW recommends creating a 2nd bridge to the RI Avenue Metro from W Street just west of the Met Branch Trail. While not a bad idea, it is highly unlikely to happen any time soon. We're still more than a year away from the first bridge connection being completed. And, there isn't the same space available as for the bridge to the north of the station.
- Shane Farthing of WABA recommends, in response to the bike lane shortfall, an update to the DC Bicycle Master Plan "it is also time for cyclists, advocates, and officials to think about the next five to ten years and the projects and deliverables we want to see. Much has changed since 2005, and it is likely time for an update to the Bicycle Master Plan to reflect the growth and development of bicycling."
- Emergency pedicab regulations were allowed to expire late last month due to an oversight, but they are reinstated today, and now they're "permanent." Despite concern from operators, the rules were unchanged, so the cost of pedicab rides will likely go up.
- There's another new Capital Bikeshare station. This one is in Congress Heights and it appears to have been installed Batman-style.
- Coming this March, the Crystal City Diamond Derby. "The derby will allow “competitive, casual and chic cyclists” alike to ride around an obstacle course in a massive parking garage under the Bureau of National Affairs building (1801 S. Bell Street) in Crystal City."
- Mark Blacknell puts out a cyclist wish list for Arlington. As my new job has me too busy to do one myself this year, what do Washcycle readers want to see in the coming year(s)?