Good Morning. That Rock Creek Park EA might be coming later than I promised. Sorry, the weather was just too nice.
- The Arlington County BAC meeting is tonight.
- Bike advocates in Montgomery County have asked Maryland to allow cyclists to use the shoulders of the ICC. Guess what the answer was. Hint: It wasn't yes.
- Basically they argue that it would be unsafe for cyclists, cause congestion, mess up the tolling system and would require more spending for accommodations.
- As Jack Cochrane points out in the comments "New Jersey allows cyclists on the shoulders of the NJ turnpike, Garden State Parkway and certain other highways if they get a permit issued by the state."
- The link also includes the first actual photo of the ICC trail that I've seen, even though it is a dead-end.