- Capital Bikeshare won one of Tommy Wells' liveable, walkable awards. And from December 9 through 20, holiday treats exclusively for Capital Bikeshare members are being offered in Georgetown courtesy of the Georgetown BID. And also, CaBi has discounted memberships again.
- The WABA holiday party is next week. Also, WABA teaches kids to bike safely - as part of a Safe Routes to Schools funded program.
- Tree blocks the Marvin Gaye Park Trail. This was one of many weather-related barriers reported yesterday.
- The Holiday Shopping Fun Ride to DC Markets is this Saturday.
- Looking at this map of national traffic fatalities again, I realized that as bad as it looks, it doesn't even include all the fatalities that actually happened - not for cyclists at least. Missing, for example, are Ian Wolfe and Yoram Kaufman. That having been said, if you can name any of the cycling victims in the immediate DC area - especially prior to 2005, please note that in the comments, I try to keep track of these things for the blog.
- Bicycle facilities in the I-66 corridor.
- Indian Head and White Plains are arguing over where to put a caboose to be placed along the Indian Head Rail Trail. There's also debate over whether to make it a museum or small shop. Along a trail in Montreal, there was a small bike repair shop in a caboose along the trail. I day go with the shop.
- Park Service's preferred plan for the Blue Ridge Parkway is the least bicycle-friendly one (of three bad choices).
- In my opinion, this is a bicycle. I wonder how the law would categorize them - sometimes having a small wheel means it isn't a bike, so that kids can be exempt from "no biking on the sidewalk" laws. Also, this is not a bicycle.