- WABA forum on women and bicycling scheduled for December 12. They had to change venues due to popular demand.
- The new 11th Street Bridge, which will feature a vastly improved crossing for cyclists, is ahead of schedule and will open in spring/summer of 2012.
- Another Lynn Street/Custis Trail crash?
- FABB gives advice on winter biking. I like Lake boots, lobster claw gloves and a snowboarding helmet when the temperature drops. And a thermos of hot cocoa in the water bottle cage. Includes this fantastic news "The Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority, which maintains the W&OD Trail, recently purchased a snow plow and they plan to plow the trail for winter bike commuters." Which is a good idea for more reasons than one.
- "For every $1 of beer sold — $700,000 granted in 2011 and $4 million over our 20-year history — we donate to causes like The League of American Bicyclists, which is working to create a bicycle-friendly America."
- Good question.