Good afternoon. Beautiful day out there.
- Georgetown U has made an effort to be more bike friendly - adding bike parking in parking garages - but still has a way to go. "Georgetown could provide inside storage for bikes on campus over breaks, so students don't have to worry about their bikes getting ruined or stolen," and "the 2010 Campus Plan made the point that not only is more long-term bike parking space needed but also that bicycle rack designs on campus use space inefficiently, forcing bicyclists to use railings or poles to secure their bikes when racks are full or unavailable."
- From the TRB, a study by occasional commenter Darren Buck shows that "Capital Bikeshare use is higher in areas with more available bike lanes. For every kilometer of bike lane within a half-mile area around a CaBi station, there were an additional 0.85 rides per day." here
- How to connect Columbia Pike's future bike accomodations. One commenter adds "As part of the Pike Multimodal project, the County intends to build a 10′ wide sidepath along the north (westbound) side of the Pike all the way from the Joyce St intersection in the East to at least S Courthouse Rd in the west." The presentation calls it a sidewalk, not a sidepath. See image below.
- Ride for responsibility is tomorrow. I wish I could go, but it's too long a ride for Trike. Also tomorrow, Baltimore's Trail Summit.
- Virginia Bicycle Level of Service Maps.