Yes, this is again late...
Is "Lockdown" a remake of "Escape from New York" or just a ripoff? Either way, it's nice to see Maggie Grace working again.
- WTOP covers WABA's Resolve to Ride Responsibly.
- River Road bike path hearing this Wednesday. "The path would only be 5′ wide. That’s not a bike path. That’s a sidewalk."
- Arlington is studying redesign concepts for the interesection of Washington Blvd, Wilson Blvd and Clarendon (aka Clarendon Circle), with a target for work to start in 2014. It looks like it has painted bike lanes and a bike box, but the bike lanes look to be in weird places.
- Howard County and Columbia, MD are exploring bike sharing. They've applied for a grant to fund a feasibility study on a system. “We have 94 miles of pathways that are separated from our roadways. Major cities don’t have that many,” Dembner says. “Washington [D.C.] doesn’t have that many pathways.”...Howard County Council Chair Mary Kay Sigaty says the county, which is in charge of road improvements in Columbia, will have to invest in better on-road bike lanes to make bike sharing work.
- The Virginia legislature considers bills on following a cyclist too closely, statewide helmet law for riders under 14, and allowing Sunday hunting on private land (which matters to mountain bikers).
- Criminals really do ride on the sidewalk.
- If LeBron James is capable of biking 3 miles to work, so can you. Of course, he has someone to wash his clothes while he works.