- Felix Salmon has a new post on Capital Bikeshare and the unbanked. You can sign up for CaBi with a debit card and they will put in place an installment plan for the annual membership - available to everyone.
- The draft Maryland Avenue SW plan has been released for comment. The plan looks very preliminary, but the preferred section looks like a bicycle boulevard and the rendering has more bicyclist in the roads than cars. Another image (page 3-11) shows it as just a bike trail, with wide sidewalks along the side. If you bike in that area of town you should comment by February 3rd. A woonerf, bike boulevard or trail would be great. More so if it tied in to the Long Bridge bike path that is surely not going to happen.
- 11th street bridge takes another step forward.
- At a forum on the delayed Mechanicsville, MD section of the Three Notch Trail, 48 people were in support of the trail and only 3 were not. One person did make the "trails bring crime" argument, but that didn't appear to get any traction. So much for claims of strong opposition.
- Golden, CO is suing the federal government for giving away rights to land that Golden wants to build a bike trail on. The feds want to build a tollway on the land.
- The push button bicycle track.