The Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) is seeking an Events Assistant to help develop, coordinate and implement our annual fundraiser, BikeFest. The Events Assistant will be working closely with WABA’s Events Coordinator to grow the event from last year’s success. Additionally, the Events Assistant will contribute to other WABA events that occur during the spring biking season.
This position requires a minimum commitment of 24 hrs/week. Evening & weekend hours will be necessary periodically. Weekday scheduling is flexible. The position has a firm end date of May 15, 2012, and will remain open until filled.
$10-$13/hr., dependent on experience.
The Events Assistant Will:
- Assist in all aspects of BikeFest, WABA’s annual fundraiser, including logistics, planning, promotion, coordination of volunteers, and on-site implementation.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers
- Develop promotional and marketing materials and assist in the implementation of a marketing plan.
- Assist in other WABA events in a variety of capacities/roles as needed.
- Report directly to WABA’s Events Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A commitment to WABA’s mission and goals.
- The ability to organize time wisely and multi-task in a relaxed, fun environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently when needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and online social media tools (Facebook, twitter, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A bicycle (or access to one) and a passion for bicycling
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Events Assistant” in the subject line. No calls please.