- The Met Branch Trail bridge to Rhode Island Avenue will be delayed since they only received one bid and it was too high. "After going out to bid for construction in January, the bridge will be re-bid again in the next few months. This is because District procurement regulations require that Contracting Officers make contract awards ONLY after a determination is made that the price is Fair and Reasonable. An analysis of the bid received failed to confirm that DDOT had received such pricing. Since there was only one bid received, DDOT had no recourse but to cancel the solicitation."
- The Golden Triangle BID is having another bike rack competition.
- Possible hit and run fatality of cyclist in PG County. Update: Not a hit and run. Instead the cyclist was shot.
- TBD on the CaBi recovery rate for Arlington and DC. "The idea that Capital Bikeshare D.C. is recouping costs at 120% is, like Arlington's number of 81%, a little deceptive for not including those other very real costs. But hey, the revenue still beats operating costs for D.C. That bodes well for the system." It's even better considering that road user fees have a recovery rate of only 50%
- How to talk to Agenda 21'ers.