- A call for support of MD House Bill 1278. "House Bill 1278 would require public institutions of higher education to develop, by fiscal year 2014, a facility master plan to address bicycle and pedestrian circulation on and near the campus. Additionally, this bill would require the institution to include in the facility master plan measures to incorporate bikeways and pedestrian facilities, as well as, promote biking and walking on the campus."
- The BAC supports parts of the 14th Street EIS. Personally I support all three "alternatives" - which aren't really alternatives, since they aren't really mutually exclusive - but we'll see what the next level of review comes up with.
- I didn't really agree with all of Dillon Klepetar's letter about supermarkets subsidizing drivers with free parking, but I don't agree with Ronnie Estes's letter either. I don't think Klepetar was saying that everyone should bike everywhere; so while Estes may be right when he writes that "I would not drive less if someone 'reattached costs to driving that are now being offset by non-drivers,'" I think the point is that some people would.
- Levee work on the NE and NW branch trails starting in April. Some trail closures will follow.
- Sometimes cyclists are to blame. Sometimes drivers are. And sometimes, road designers are.