- Extensive comments on the 14th Street Bridge EIS bicycle components.
- NCPC has approved the CaBi stations on the Mall. "Now they only need permits from the National Park Service, which has been supportive of the stations.The stations are seen as first step, opening the way for more stations on the Mall, plus potentially to other park service sites around the region....The bikesharing system only has enough equipment on hand to have one station in place by the time the cherry blossom bonanza begins, said Chris Holben." The rest they hope to have in place by July 4th.
- At the Ward 7 transportation summit, "Shane Farthing raised the idea of subsidizing bike sharing for residents east of the river, and suggested changing Capital Bikeshare rules to allow younger members. "
- Mark Blacknell calls for more Arlington employees to use bikes on the job.
- Arlington is asking for input on CaBi expansion and some are pushing for stations on Columbia Pike.
- Mid-Pike Plaza in White Flint could become more bike friendly, with bike parking and a recreational loop of bike lanes and walking paths.
- Lynchburg's Blue Bike system - fleet bikes available at one location - is being cancelled due to theft. Time to go to modern bikesharing.
- A new report was recently published on Promoting Bicycle Commuter Safety. "Bicycle accidents that involved a motor vehicle were a very small percentage of all bicycle accidents; however, the vast majority of fatal bicycle accidents involved a vehicle. This is why engineers suggest keeping cyclists separate from vehicles."