- Veitch and 20th in Arlington being prepped for a new CaBi station.
- The Examiner reports on Oboe's vision of the future ""People are saying, 'Get me close to the city, get me close to transportation, put me in a position where I might be able to use my bicycle,' " Prince George's County Realtor Boyd Campbell said."
- Many people spoke up in favor of the Capital Crescent Trail at the meeting on the non-motorized Boathouse Zone last week. No sign of "Friends of the Capital Crescent Trail" though. "Another theme from several of the teams was that they wanted to restrict vehicular traffic beyond the old aqueduct and near the Capital Crescent Trail."
- Lynchburg cyclist killed in late night hit and run.
- Crystal City Diamond Derby this Saturday. "Spectators can enjoy a free party throughout the day at the lounge, which includes a large screen to watch the action, live music and a cash bar. An outdoor midway will be set up with vendors, food and a bicyclist sprint lane."
- More on the Maryland bike grants. I didn't realize how far north the BWI trail extension will go. Almost to the Patapsco River. Really the trail is another section of the WB&A trail as that is the ROW it will run along, and could make biking to Baltimore easier someday. The pylons for the old Patapsco River bridge are still there, so it may be possible to easily build a trail across it.
- At least one person "knew" that running the CCT and the Purple Line through the tunnel would have been cost prohibitive because of costly alterations. Would've been nice of them to point that out beforehand.
- St. Mary's County comes up with agreeable solutions to ROW issues with the Three Notch Trail route.