Good morning. March Madness is here.
And so is Bike to Work Day Registration.
And so is BikeDC Registration. All Bike to Work day registrants get $5 off.
- The Environmental Film Festival features a few flicks about bicycling, of course.
- I don't agree with everything this author says, but they have some good advice in this DC-Centric article. Still, I'm not sure that there has been an increase in clueless cyclists, just because there are more cyclists total. You don't have to be new to behave badly. And since an increase in cyclists tends to result in no corresponding increase in crashes, I'm not sure you can blame the new cyclists.
- Bikesnob is coming next week.
- DC Velodrome kick off dinner: March 18th.
- Take Action: Maryland legislators attempt to weaken the Negligent Manslaughter law.
- "Montgomery County will spend $500,000 each year for the next six years on creating new bikeways under County Executive Isiah Leggett’s (D) proposed Capital Improvements Program budget, released Jan. 15. This year, the county’s Department of Transportation is set to fund planning for a bikeway along the proposed Midcounty Highway, from Goshen Road to Woodfield Road."
- USBR 11 in Virginia and Maryland added to the US Bicycle Route Corridor Plan
- Everything you could want to know about the east end of the Chesapeake Beach Rail Trail.