- Regardless of how thick the concrete at the Silver Spring Transit Center, which includes a section of the Met Branch Trail, is, it doesn't sound like it will opening on time.
- A new Triathlon themed store, Tri-360, is opening in Falls Church. I don't know if it will include bikes or accesories.
- A Florida cyclist riding early in the morning without lights, reflective clothing or a helmet and using headphones was snagged by a protrusion on a passing garbage truck. He settled before trial, but a lawsuit followed between various parties associated with the garbage truck in which one party argued that the driver was at fault for violating the 3 foot passing law.
- The Student Conservation Corps is hiring staff to work on the Met Branch Trail. DC Crew Leader and DC Conservation Crew Member:
- DCist's Martin Austermuhle asks about the petition to remove the Metro rush-hour restriction. He's pretty strongly in favor of the ban, but I think this post still accurately represents my opinion.