- Not an April Fool's Day Joke - Join WABA and DC Water for a tour of DC's water infrastructure past, present, and future.
- Ideas for improving the southeast side connection to the Sousa Bridge. I always cross on the north side, so I've not noticed any of this.
- Coverage of the Diamond Derby Race here and here.
- Brunswick, MD city vehicles haul materials along the C&O Canal towpath from the sewer treatment plant several times per month and in doing so, damage the trail. Now they've agreed to maintain that section in a partnership with NPS.
- More in our continuing series: Cyclists fight crime.
- More in our continuing series: Cyclists commit crime.
- New bike lanes are prepped on Columbia Road NW. "To accommodate the new bike lanes, middle lanes along stretches of Columbia Road are being removed. Due to concerns of business owners that take deliveries from trucks that tend to use the lanes to parking, new loading zone restrictions will appear along two segments of the road—between Mintwood Place and 18th Street and in front of the Safeway. Where a full bike lane cannot fit, bike markings will be painted on to the roadway indicated that cyclists can use the full lane of traffic."
- Not really a bike story, though a cyclist was hit intentionally by a driver, but just fascinating in how evil it is and how I never heard about it. Walk into the Mall with a shotgun and it's national news, go on a killing spree in your car.. meh.