- Capital Bikeshare dad. This is definitely against the rules (one person per bike) and against the law (children under 15? need a helmet).
- Local author has his bike stolen. Assumes black kids stole it - it was in Brookland afterall. "Why was I assuming that the kid who stole my bike was acting out of some terrible pain, as if he had been directly under the lash of Bull Connor?" Better question: Why were you assuming that a kid stole your bike? The bike was, after all, locked up - meaning that they must've had some tools or something.
- There are two more open houses on the I-66 mutlimodal study inside the beltway coming up this month. Input has already included much about bike facilities like improving and extending the Custis Trail and better connecting Tysons to the W&OD trail.
- Does having Dan Tangherlini at the helm of GSA make this more likely?
- "bicycle use in Beijing has dropped from about 60 percent in 1986 to 17 percent in 2010." and "By comparison D.C. is all clean and beautiful, but the view in front is also kind of sterile after Beijing - everyone is wearing helmets and swathed in flourescent yellow jackets.”