- "Metro’s Plant Maintenance crews installed over 70 new racks, with space for 140 additional bikes at Braddock Road, Glenmont, Morgan Boulevard, Rockville, East Falls Church, Takoma, and Dupont Circle." See photos at the link.
- A comparison between Capital Bikeshare membership and personal bike ownership. I wonder, why not both?
- Driver in Charles County fatal hit-and-run arrested and indicted. "The crash occurred during the overnight hours of Sept. 1 - Sept. 2 on Chapel Point Road near Taurus Lane in Port Tobacco. A passerby found the victim, Thomas Mark Roepcke, 47, of Port Tobacco, unconscious on the side of the road and called police. It was clear he had been struck by a car and the striking vehicle had fled the scene. Mr. Roepcke was transported to a hospital where he later died."
- Women cyclists are also at risk for sexual problems.
- A highway construction industry group thinks Maryland should widen the whole Beltway (surprise!) but it would include this. "Construction of the Route 97 [Georgia Ave] interchange would relieve congestion and provide bicycle and pedestrian facilities."
- Tracy Morgan has a point. But he could have probably been more careful.