- Metro has started testing the new Bike & Ride facility at College Park.
The facility can hold more than 100 bikes and requires riders to use an access card to enter the room on the first level of the College Park Metro parking garage.
During the month-long testing period, a group of people will try out the new system and provide comments and suggestions.
Use of the facility will cost between 2 to 5 cents per hour, says Metro, and there is a one-time $5 charge for "new customer ID verification."
- Bike Maryland is looking for donations of unused children's bikes for use in their Bike Rodeos.
- Oh brother. As a HS senior, Darrin Straus hit and killed a 16 year old cyclist with his car, an event he recently wrote an award-winning book about. I heard him interviewed on NPR last year and genuinely felt sorry for the guy. But this line is just an over-the-top attempt at absolution. "Sixteen-year-old Celine Zilke suddenly swerved her bicycle in front of his car in what may have been a deliberate act. 'She was using me as the instrument of her death,' Strauss said." And then there is this: "The problem with too many memoirs is that you can feel the author trying to forgive himself in every paragraph.” You mean like trying to say the girl committed suicide?
- New NPS pedicab regulations could be approved this summer.
- “One look at what he did for those bike shorts and every woman in town would be voting for him.” Women are such pigs.