- Tales from the Sharrows explains why biking is not allowed on the Navy Yard Promenade. There is a narrow bridge at one point and "Employees exiting through turnstiles onto the Riverwalk will not have immediate situational awareness of their surroundings, and may not see oncoming vehicular traffic in time to avoid a collision....This is an obvious safety concern as collisions would be unavoidable." This is followed by a pretty hilarious take down, including the notation that on the other side of the fence is a parking lot. "A parking lot. With cars driving. Apparently disoriented Navy employees are well equipped to deal with the potential hazards of motorized, multi-ton vehicles."
- Can we make BTWD more diverse?
- The President was nearly hit by a cyclist speeding down 15th Street, but escaped unharmed. Later the cyclist was arrested for not having a bell.
- Bethesda thief, riding stolen bike, arrested.
- OK, now that I see the photos, I do believe it was her bike.