- GGW celebrates the 27 new bike racks at the NoMa Metro station (nee New York Avenue Station). They also moved some racks away from a wall to make them easier to use.
- America Bikes is having a press conference with members of Congress on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:30 until 10:15 AM at the House Triangle (map) to release the new data. Speakers at the press conference will include Senator Ben Cardin (MD), Representative Earl Blumenauer (OR-3), Andy Clarke of the League of American Bicyclists, and Angela Fox of the Crystal City BID. Speakers will join America Bikes to call for the continuation of federal funding for biking and walking infrastructure. This press conference will take place on the heels of a National Bike to School Day celebration in Lincoln Park. From 7:30 - 8:30 a.m., school children will gather in Lincoln Park and ride in “bike trains” to nearby Capitol Hill public schools
- Why did CaBi move the station at New Hampshire and U to 17th and T? Best answer "The bike station was moved because ANC2B objected to moving the station into the street at 16th and U. Under CaBi’s original proposal, they would have expanded the station by only 4 docks while removing three parking spaces. Relocating the station to T Street was a compromise that eliminated one less parking space and allowed the station to expand by 8 docks."
- Free Confident City Cycling Ride - This Saturday!
- Bike Arlington is looking for volunteers for bike to school day.