- The River to Rockets Bik Rally is a week from Saturday in Bladensburg
- The Law Enforcement United bike ride set off for Washington DC today.
- UMd students are mildly excited about having Capital Bikeshare on campus. "If I were to rush to class, I probably wouldn’t use it,” Yu said. “[In other situations], it would be superuseful.”
- "We should hunker down and look to maintaining the transportation network we have now, while seeking less costly but more realistic solutions such as increased telecommuting, more bus options, more bike lanes and better sidewalks."
- The National Park Service is soliciting public comments on a proposed extension of the 22 mile long Western Maryland Rail Trail to Paw Paw, W.Va. They'll have a meeting on May 16th to discuss adding two paved segments over a total of 8.1 miles. The extension will be in two segments because the tunnel that currently connects them will be closed to protect bats. Cyclists will use the C&O canal towpath as the connector.
- What's wrong with bank-branded bikesharing? Nothing.