It's official, we're having two boys.
- Maryland was ranked 8th in the LAB's Bicycle Friendly states ranking. Virginia was 17th. Maybe they didn't see this bike rack in Maryland.
- And I failed to mention it this morning, but Arlington ranked #23 in Bicycling Magazine's to 50 cities (up from #30 last time). And while most people I've heard from agree that DC is a good biking city, one commenter thinks it isn't, because it's hard to ride in Virginia and Maryland (which I would also agree with).
- One thing remains bipartisan - going on long road bike rides.
- The battle against senseless bollards goes to the County Board.
- A bicyclist allegedly ran through a stop sign on the Washington & Old Dominion Trail at Ayr Hill Avenue, N.E., and was struck by a vehicle on May 10 at 5:59 p.m., Vienna police said.
- The Tour de Fat comes to Yards Park in June. " Tour de Fat is a thrilling rite of passage that includes an unparalleled costumed bicycle parade, New Belgium beer, dazzling entertainment, local food, unusual bike contests and much more. Coming to 15 cities across the country, Tour de Fat is coming to Washington, DC this year for the first time."
- Rooftop velodrome.
- Military bases should get more walkable and more bikable.