Good morning. Failed to mention what a good time I had at Bikefest - even if I did discover that I got home with a drink token in my pocket. I even won one of the raffle prizes.
- Arlington woman has her bike stolen at a Metro Station and finds it on Craigslist in DC. Arlington police tell her to call MPD. MPD tells her they can't help her because she's in VA. Meanwhile the ad for the bike is taken down and the vendor (the same guy who was trying to sell another stolen bike only days earlier) said the bike was no longer available. If accurate, that really is not acceptable. Nor is it acceptable that this guy can go on selling stolen bikes. There is at least one witness that he had stolen goods. And all of this brings me to restate that MPD should publish stolen bike statistics. How many are stolen? How many are recovered? How many are returned to their owners? How many arrests are made?
- The College Park Bike & Ride station opens tomorrow - suck on that John, the stolen bike salesperson.
- There was much discussion on Dr. Gridlock's chat about cyclists and drivers getting along. Unfortunately much of it was of the "I'll share the road when cyclists obey the law" variety.
- Bike riding camp gets kids on two wheels.
- The future almost happened here.