- DDOT has scheduled a public meeting to provide an update on the M Street SE/SW Transportation Study."The study examines the transportation challenges on M Street between 12th Street SE and 12th Street SW as well as from the Southeast-Southwest Freeway south to the Anacostia River. Among other things, the study is looking at how to best allow pedestrian and bicycle traffic to coexist with cars and buses, while also trying to accommodate residents and visitors. The meeting will take place on Thursday, May 24, between 6:30 and 8 p.m. It will take place at the Capitol Skyline Hotel, located at 10 I (Eye) Street SW."
- A proposal for a bike path at Washington Circle.
- There have been 5 sexual assault on the Northwest Branch Hiker/Biker Trail this year. "In the most recent attack, police say the victim was walking on the trail near the Chillum Community Park and the West Hyattsville Metro Station when she was approached by a man with a gun....Anyone with information is asked to call park police at 301 459-9091 or Hyattsville police at 301 985-5060"
- New CaBi stations in Arlington. At Wilson and George Mason and at Washington and 7th.
- Project that will extend the College Park Trolley Trail runs into some opposition.
- Want more shade on your bike route? Get DDOT to plant a tree for you.
- More on the study of gender disparity on Bicycle Advisory Committees.
- Is getting rid of the dock the future of bike sharing or does it make it harder to use?
- Get a free bridge - one way or another. "Claiming to be a demolition crew, the con men-turned-thieves showed up at a train station in Slavkov with forged papers saying that the bridge had been condemned and that the unused railroad track was supposed to be torn up to make way for a new bicycle path"