Good morning. I hope the SpaceX launch went OK.
- Bicycling magazine ranked DC #4 in the top cities for cycling. That's way up from #13 last time. You're going down next Boulder.
- New bike lanes are being installed on F Street downtown.
- The new 11th Street Local Bridge, opening on Thursday now, will in fact have a "6' bike/ped path separated from traffic by jersey barrier, and from construction by a fence." Sadly, that temporary facility is still beter than the current 11th Street Bridge bike/ped lane.
- Next Wednesday, May 30th, at 10am the DC Council's Committee on the Judiciary will hold its third hearing on bicycle and pedestrian enforcement issues in the District. More here.
- The Post asks if our love affair with the car is over. They mention the improved biking environment as one reason why driving is down. Also, they interview Jeff Lemieux who occasionally submits videos for your enjoyment.