Glad to see so many people out bike commuting this morning. It's a nice counterpoint to the people who say "no one's going to bike when it's hot." Looking at CaBi tracker, and usage is down some today compared to last week, but not by more than 10-15% I'd guess.
- Jill DeMauro, owner of Proteus Bikes in College Park for the last decade, sold the store and is moving so that she can stay with her partner. Her partner is not American and her visa is expiring. Even though they're married, DeMauro can't sponser her partner because of DOMA, so thanks to all the intolerant, homophobic members of Congress for driving away a great bike shop operator, small business owner and job creator - you're truly making our country stronger. “I’ve never made a loss. I’ve never had to fire someone. I’ve never cut hours. I’ve never cut pay,”...“She’s a very community-oriented business owner. It’s a real loss.” Sounds exactly like the kind of person who we need to defend marriage from.
- Photo of the new northbound bike lane on George Mason Dr. between the Custis Trail & Washington Blvd.
- Roads to be resurfaced in MoCo, which means an opportunity to add bike lanes.
- If you want a flying bicycle, all you have to do is befriend an adorable alien.
- Yelling the word "left" when you want someone to stay right can be confusing to some.