Because the railroad tracks were removed, and the underpasses are so large, I think the 11th Street Bridges project might inadvertently create a clando rail trail from Good Hope Road SE to 13th Street SE. Maybe they could "accidentally" spill some asphalt on the ROW?
- The Anacostia Waterfront has a new website, which features the trail prominently. It also has information on some upcoming milestones. Namely (1) Osprey Bridge opening this summer (2) Kenilworth trail section design completed this summer (3) Construction begins on Kenilworth section this year.
- Jim Sebastian and Terry Bellamy of DDOT were in Chicago for kick off of the Green Lanes Project.
- What might help with promoting registration is if you pointed to success stories. Anyone can TAKE a registration.
- Spartan Road in Olney to get bike lanes.
- All we are saying...is give peace a chance.
- "The Charles County commissioners authorized the Washington, D.C., chapter of the nonprofit Urban Land Institute to conduct a study of the [Indian Head Rail] trail as part of its Technical Assistance Panels program. The panel made recommendations for the town and the growth of the trail during a meeting in Indian Head last week."